points - Details)
A Practical Guide to Full-Time RV Living
Motorhome & RV Retirement Startup
Exactly six years ago my spouse Shirley and I have both retired from our previous careers, leaving us with quite a lot of extra time in a mostly empty house throughout the day. That’s when we decided we wanted to travel. The only problem was we did not know what the best way was to get from point A to point B.
Needless to say, we needed to find a way that was comfortable for the two of us, given our conditions; we did not want our sense of adventure to be limited by something as unimportant as physical pain, after all. That is when we spoke to our neighbors, old family friends who had just returned from an RV camping trip with another couple.
The more we learned about traveling in an RV, the more my wife and I were convinced that was the solution to our conundrum. We had some savings, we had the time, and we had the ability to go wherever we wanted in the world with the safety aspect of carrying a piece of home with you. Thus we decided to start our new life in an RV on the road.
We have been living the RV life for the last five years now, and I must admit that these five years are the best years of our life so far. I also must admit that not everything has been glorious and fun, yes, we have faced our fair share of problems and hiccups on various fronts, but looking back, they all were great learning experiences.
However, RV living isn’t just for retirees; it can be for anyone who wants to enjoy the freedom of living on the road although this doesn’t mean that full-time RV living is for everyone.
Whether you are retiring soon and want some adventure, have been retired for a while and want a change of scene, or simply want to change your way of life to something simpler, living full-time out of an RV can be your answer.
In this book, we are going to show you what is involved in RV living, how you can get started and what you need to do to live an affordable full-time life on the road while enjoying the wonderful sights. Hopefully, this book will help you avoid the rookie mistakes we had made when we started out and make your transition smoother and more enjoyable.
Here is a Quick Glimpse of What we Covered In this Guide.
- How to Decide if RV living is Right for You.
- Pros & Cons of Full-Time RV Living
- The cost to Full-Time RV Living
- Affordability of RV Living Life Style
- How to Prepare for Full-Time Life on the road
- 5 Step Transition Process
- How to Pick and Buy the Right RV for you
- Various Types of RV’s and their estimated price
- Factors to Consider when Choosing a New or Used RV
- Used RV Buying Checklist
- How Everything Works in an RV
- Best way to Insure & Protect your Investment
- Highway System, Signs and Parking
- Learning to Drive an RV, Best Practices Tips and Tricks
- How & What to Pack for Full-Time RV Living
- Utility Sources
- Internet, Cell phones, Mail, Banking, State Residency, Etc.
- Health Insurance and Emergency
- How to Make your RV More Livable
- Best Way to Cook, clean and protect your RV
- Best way to Handle Sewer Tank
- How to Stay Warm in the Winter and Cool in the Summer
- Safety in RV Life
- How to be prepared for Emergency & Severe Weather
- Traveling with your Pets
- How to Pick the Best Places to Stay (Boondocking, RV Parks, and Campgrounds)
- How to Perform Simple, Easy Maintenance & Repairs
- List of Tools You Should Have
- How to Save Money and Live Comfortably
So let’s get started and take a look at whether or not this lifestyle is right for you.