points - Details)
By the winter solstice, it becomes too cold and dark in many regions for anything much to grow in the garden. This is when a lot of gardeners gear up using a greenhouse. Greenhouse gardening provides the opportunity to extend the growing season, grow plants that normally don’t survive in your region or to jump-start a new growing period. Whatever your reason to start your greenhouse project, this book is the right companion on your journey.
Greenhouse Gardening is the one-stop guide on greenhouse construction, maintenance and planting schedules. After reading this book, you will be able to choose the type of greenhouse that best suits your needs, schedule your planting throughout the year and maintain a healthy garden. Ideally suited for beginners, the book provides a comprehensive overview to start your greenhouse adventure. Inexpensive options and money saving tips are outlined in each chapter to reduce your costs in building and running your greenhouse.
In detail, this book allows you to…
Get a comprehensive overview of greenhouse gardening and gain the confidence to embark upon your own project
- Learn what greenhouse gardening is all about
- Get to know the different types of greenhouses and choose the one that suits your needs.
- Decide if you want to DIY, buy a ready-made kit or get a used greenhouse.
Set up your own greenhouse and save money by using inexpensive building methods
- Choose the best type of glazing, flooring and construction material for your greenhouse.*
- Learn how to heat your greenhouse and use ventilation to keep the humidity level just right.
- Learn how to utilize lighting and irrigate your plants for optimal growth.
- Get an overview of the essential equipment you need to keep your garden healthy.
*The book does not contain construction plans to build a greenhouse. It provides a comprehensive overview of available options on how to build a greenhouse.
Taste the pleasure of your homegrown food with easy to grow herbs, vegetables and fruit
- Learn how to schedule your plants for year-round gardening.
- Get an overview of how to grow different herbs, vegetables and fruits in your greenhouse.
- Integrate hydroponics into your greenhouse.
Identify potential problems with your plants and learn how to overcome them
- Understand how to maintain your greenhouse and care for your plants.
- Identify pests and diseases in your greenhouse and learn how to combat them.
Take the first step to running your own greenhouse. To get started, scroll up and grab your copy.