(as of Jun 29,2021 15:58:58 UTC – Details)
- Vegetables shine on center stage in dozens of hearty vegetarian mains and sides like Potato and Green Pea Curry and Eggplant, Tomato, and Chickpea Tagine.
- From Risotto with Sausage and Arugula to steel-cut oats and polenta, get slow-cooking grains on the table fast — no standing and stirring required.
- Beans cooked from scratch now join the weeknight lineup. Skip the overnight soak and load up on flavor in dishes like Black Beans with Bacon and Tequila.
- One-pot pastas mean more flavor and less cleanup. Cook Lemony Orzo with Chicken and Arugula right in the sauce — no boiling, no draining, no problem.
- Cook chicken with a new world of flavor, from Chicken in Green Mole to Chicken Soup with Bok Choy and Ginger.
- Transform tough cuts of pork into everyday ingredients — from Filipino Pork Shoulder Adobo and Hoisin-Glazed Baby Back Ribs to Carnitas with Pickled Red Onions.
- Make beef affordable by coaxing cheap (but flavorful) cuts to tenderness. Even all-day pot roasts and Short Rib Ragu become Tuesday night-friendly with little hands-on effort.
From the Publisher
Eggplant & Tomato Chickpea Tagine
A tagine is a North African stew cooked in a shallow, conical clay pot that goes by the same name. This chunky vegetable dish is warmly spiced like a tagine and features the common North African pairing of sweet and tart flavors.
Fast: 45 minutes
Slow: 5½ to 6½ hours
Two-Corn Chowder with Green Chili and Scallions
This light, bright take on a classic summer chowder uses corn in two forms—fresh kernels and canned hominy—to double the corn flavor.
Fast: 1 hour
Slow: 3 to 3½ hours
Pressure cooked in the Instant Pot, this Hungarian classic can be on the table in an hour, and with fewer than 10 ingredients.
Fast: 55 minutes
Slow: 3½ to 4½ hour
Miso and Bourbon Smothered Chicken
In our version of smothered chicken, bone-in chicken thighs get sauced with a shiitake mushroom–laced combination of umami-rich soy sauce and miso, woodsy bourbon and sweet-tangy orange juice.
Fast: 1¼ hours
Slow: 4½ to 5½ hours
Hoisin-Glazed Baby Back Ribs
These addictive ribs balance sweet and heat.
Fast: 1 hour 40 minutes
Slow: 8½ to 9½ hours
Carnitas with Pickled Red Onions
For our version of this Mexican classic, we cook cubes of pork shoulder with spices, aromatics and a little water until the meat is fork-tender
Fast: 1¾ hours
Slow: 5½ to 6½ hours