(as of May 01,2021 00:39:59 UTC – Details)
A behind the scenes look at how, in only a few short years, Alibaba CEO Jack Ma’s vision of "The New Retail", where 800 million consumers take for granted a world of convenience unimagined anywhere else, has become a reality. This complete integration of online, offline, technology and entertainment has changed the rules of commerce forever.
We unpack how a perfect storm of smart devices, digital payments, e-commerce and the need to modernize physical stores led to a complete reimagining of 5,000 years of buying and selling products and services.
The long battle between bricks and clicks is over, and the winner is The New Retail.
Alibaba, JD.com, Tencent and a growing group of innovative brands, retailers and digital pioneers, fueled by the demands of the most spoiled consumers in the world have spurred a retail renaissance and plotted a course for the future of retail and consumption around the world. If you want to see the future of retail and commerce, read this book, and then, if you can, spend a week shopping in Shanghai.
Some key features of The New Retail include:
- the ability to buy anything, anywhere, anytime, any way
- retail-tainment as a brand and retail driver
- virtual reality enhanced stores
- see-now-buy-now streaming videos
- interactive social commerce
- smart, connected, experience-first physical retail environments
- 15 minute on-demand delivery
You will not only discover what the New Retail is and how to participate in the ecosystems and habitats in China that make it work, but hopefully you will be inspired to adapt the technologies, ideas and consumer-centric vision of New Retail into your business, life, brand and products.
Key takeaways from the book include:
- How the elements that make up New Retail were honed in China and why they came together to create a new model
- Who built the New Retail, why they did and why it works
- Why The New Retail is about ecosystems and habitats, not channels and e-commerce
- What are the "4 Cs" you need to deliver New Retail and how to use the "4 Us" to do it.
- Why omnichannel is a dead concept and why it’s been replaced by a unified channel
- A deep dive on the New Retail models and ecosystems of Alibaba, JD, Tencent and others
- What drives the modern Chinese consumer, and why you need New Retail expertise to win them over
- How the New Retail is going global
- How and why you should adopt it
Between them, Michael Zakkour, Tompkins International VP of Asia Strategy, Digital Commerce and New Retail, and Ashley Galina Dudarenok, serial entrepreneur, founder of ChoZan and Alarice, have decades of experience in consumer, market and digital strategy in China and Asia and are thought leaders in retail, consumer products, social media, and logistics. Their insights on China’s New Retail and its global spread are sure to provide the reader with a window into a world, a model and a way of life that is thriving in the East and heading West.
“The gravitational force of retail has moved east and industry executives that
ignore this monumental shift do so at their peril. “New Retail” is a concise, nononsense
look into one of the most profound revolutions in retail history. Authors
Michael Zakkour and Ashley Galina Dudarenok provide a clear and welldocumented
narrative on how companies like Alibaba, JD and Tencent are, quite
literally, reinventing the modern concept of retail.”
— Doug Stephens, Founder of Retail Prophet and Author of Reengineering Retail: The Future of Selling in a Post-Digital World
New Retail: Born In China Going Global will help you understand one of the world’s most crucial markets. Give it a read and get ahead of the game