(as of Jun 08,2021 12:23:17 UTC – Details)
Structural Depth Practice Exams for the PE Civil Exam contains two 40-problem, multiple-choice exams consistent with the NCEES PE Civil structural depth exam’s format and specifications. Like the actual exam, the problems in this book require an average of six minutes to solve. Comprehensive step-by-step solutions demonstrate accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches. Author commentary is provided in the solutions to explain time-saving shortcuts and common pitfalls.
Structural Depth Practice Exams will help you
- Effectively familiarize yourself with the exam scope and format.
- Quickly identify accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches.
- Successfully connect relevant theory to exam-like problems.
- Efficiently navigate through exam-adopted codes and standards.
- Confidently solve problems under timed conditions.
Referenced Codes and Standards
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530/530.1-13)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI7)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD (NDS)
- PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
- Safety and Health Regulations for Construction (OSHA 29 CFR Part 1926)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC)
- Two 40-problem, multiple-choice exams consistent with the NCEES PE Civil structural depth exam.
- Comprehensive step-by-step solutions demonstrate accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches.
- Comprehensive solutions, including commentary by the author, to explain time-saving shortcuts and common pitfalls.
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PPI, A Kaplan Company
From the Publisher
Exam-like problems help to demonstrate efficient problem-solving approaches
Extensive Exam Topics
Topics in each knowledge area are fairly represented as seen on exam day
Always Up-to-Date Codes
Mirrors codes and standards NCEES currently uses for the PE Civil Structural exam
Two 40-question multiple choice exams consistent with exam format
The People Have Spoken
Trusted by engineers for relevant practice exams to prepare for and pass their PE Civil Exam
NCEES Exam Specifications
Completely consistent with the NCEES exam content and format
The Name You Trust
Authored by James Giancaspro, PhD, PE, a leader in civil engineering exam practice
Confidently solve problems under timed conditions. Each problem takes an average of six minutes to solve