(as of Jun 11,2021 10:20:19 UTC – Details)
Written BY Preachers and Teachers FOR Preachers and Teachers
The Preacher's Commentary, Complete 35-Volume Set: Genesis–Revelation offers pastors, teachers, and Bible study leaders clear and compelling insights into the entire Bible that will equip them to understand, apply, and teach the truth in God's Word.
Each volume is written by one of today's top scholars, and includes:
- Innovative ideas for preaching and teaching God's Word
- Vibrant paragraph-by-paragraph exposition
- Impelling real-life illustrations
- Insightful and relevant contemporary application
- An introduction, which reveals the author's approach
- A full outline of the biblical book being covered
- Scripture passages (using the New King James Version) and explanations
Covering the entire Bible and combining fresh insights with readable exposition and relatable examples, The Preacher's Commentary will help you minister to others and see their lives transformed through the power of God's Word. Whether preacher, teacher, or Bible study leader–if you're a communicator, The Preacher's Commentary will help you share God's Word more effectively with others.
Volumes and authors include:
- Genesis by D. Stuart Briscoe
- Exodus by Maxie D. Dunnam
- Leviticus by Gary W. Demarest
- Numbers by James Philip
- Deuteronomy by John C. Maxwell
- Joshua by John A. Huffman, Jr.
- Judges & Ruth by David Jackman
- 1 & 2 Samuel by Kenneth L. Chafin
- 1 & 2 Kings by Russell H. Dilday
- 1 & 2 Chronicles by Leslie C. Allen
- Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther by Mark D. Roberts
- Job by David L. McKenna
- Psalms 1-72 by Donald M. Williams
- Psalms 73-150 by Donald M. Williams
- Proverbs by David A. Hubbard
- Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon by David A. Hubbard
- Isaiah 1-39 by David L. McKenna
- Isaiah 40-66 by David L. McKenna
- Jeremiah & Lamentations by John Guest
- Ezekiel by Douglas Stuart
- Daniel by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, and Jonah by Lloyd J. Ogilvie
- Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi by Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
- Matthew by Myron S. Augsburger
- Mark by David L. McKenna
- Luke by Bruce Larson
- John by Roger L. Fredrikson
- Acts by Lloyd J. Ogilvie
- Romans by D. Stuart Briscoe
- 1 & 2 Corinthians by Kenneth L. Chafin
- Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon by Maxie D. Dunnam
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus by Gary W. Demarest
- Hebrews by Louis H. Evans, Jr.
- James, 1 & 2 Peter, and Jude by Paul A. Cedar
- 1, 2 & 3 John, and Revelation by Earl F. Palmer
From the Publisher
The Preachers Commentary Series combines rich resources of historical setting and textual interpretation with spiritual insights and contemporary illustrations specifically designed for communicators. The result is a resource by preachers/teachers for preachers/teachers. It is complete with outlines, section by section expositions, illustrations, and applications. This authoritative commentary provides the ultimate resource for sermon and lesson preparations.
General editor Lloyd J. Ogilvie brings together a team of skilled and exceptional communicators blending sound scholarship with life related instructions. Their insights can guide you through every chapter and book of the Bible. And their organization and presentation of the material can help you share God’s Word more effectively with others.
Below are some other volumes you may enjoy. Each volume is available in both print and eBook format.
From the editor’s preface:
“This commentary series courageously presents personal faith, caring for individuals, and social responsibility as essential, inseparable dimensions of biblical Christianity. It seeks to present the quadrilateral gospel in its fullness which calls us to unreserved commitment to Christ, unrestricted self-esteem in His grace, unqualified love for others in personal evangelism, and undying efforts to work for justice and righteousness in a sick and suffering world.” —Lloyd J. Ogilvie