(as of Jun 28,2021 14:35:49 UTC – Details)
You Should Start a FOOD TRUCK
How to Start, Run, and Grow a Successful Food Truck Business
Do you consider yourself a “foodie?” Are you a current restauranteur who wishes to expand your offerings to a new audience? Do you want to be your own boss?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, then you should start a FOOD TRUCK! Yes, you!
In my book, I will show you how I started my own successful food truck business while sharing with you all the research that I came across as I found out about how to begin this luscious line of work.
I actually come with a pedigree for serving amazing food for a fee. My great-grandmother made a living selling her delicious fried chicken (of which, I use this secret family recipe even today) to train travelers who arrived or passed through our small town in Virginia. She would walk by the train with her tray of steaming hot fried chicken legs perched on her head and sell them through the windows of the rail car to the passengers.
When I started my food truck, I decided to sell my great-grandma’s same fried chicken recipe as a premier dish. I wrapped it with some traditional, yet now healthier, side dishes. Imagine being able to whip up those wonderful mashed potatoes or your signature mac and cheese for a living.
When you own a food truck, you call the shots. You’re the boss. You can decide your menu, your location, your brand, your image – all of which can be as outrageous or reserved as you’d like.
In this book, I will take you through the entire process of starting a food truck business from startup to success. Once you’re done reading this book, I am confident that you will be armed with the knowledge to launch your dream career.
I will show you:
- How to plan for starting a food truck
- A short history of food trucks
- The pros and cons of the food truck business
- What you should consider when starting out including:
- Permits and licenses
- How to obtain financing
- What licensing you’ll need
- Food safety guidelines in this extraordinary mobile kitchen
- What supplies or equipment you could consider
- How to cost-effectively sourced ingredients
- How to develop your menu (which defines your brand, too)
- How to price your items
- How to create a business plan
- What the day in the life of a food truck owner looks like
- Some common business accounting tips
- How to hire and manage staff
- How to grow your business effectively
- Common pitfalls to avoid
As an added feature, I have included a list of the significant food truck rallies around the country.
For a limited time, when you purchase the paperback book on Amazon, you can download the Kindle version for FREE!